Monday 9 June 2014

kick start blog hop

Hi sorry not been blogging for so long. simply haven't had the time to scrapbook resulting in nothing to blog :( but due to a career change have decided to start again ;) Yippeeeee

So here I am........I've been challenged by my great friend Karen Leonard to KICK START my blog by taking part in a blog hop with a difference.
 The idea is to answer a few questions and then pass the baton on to 3 more friends for the following week so it spreads out as it goes week by week... Sounded scary at first but thought I'd give it ago :)

What am I working on?
I'm working on a little mini album for the year 2012, Just a bit behind lol. I'm using scraps that were left over from the monthly Papermaze crop kit that I attend. Waste not want not.


I've made a pocket on the page for each month. filling each with tabbed journaling cards that pull out, relating to things for that month. I have left the page above for a 6x4" photo.


To give me an Idea to start my journaling I used headings "A little something happy" "10 things to remember" "something exciting" "something Fabulous" etc......


                 Just have to finish journaling tags and print pics but I think this give you an idea :)

How does my work differ from others of its genre?

Urm...... not sure about this one.
 I create 12x12" standard layouts. I haven't got pots of money so tend to try and get the best value for money by using less expensive and reusable items such as stamps, masks, ink, washi tape, buttons and hand made paper embellishments. I like to paper piece to crate a layout from scraps.
Leaving me money to buy the irresistible papers. I also often gut the papers when layering again getting good value. I tend to by what letters for titles and alter them myself with ink, paint or embossing powder. I also buy clear gems and colour them with my sharpies :)


"BIG Sister"
Here is my most recent LO inspired by the cute verse that I found on pinterest that I had to use as so very true.


 
I started with card stock that was not the correct size, so taped on a strip of pattern paper with washi tape and went from there. I layered paper hearts on to a doily for embellishment. punched circles of paper and cut in half for the scalloped edge. Mock stitched and doodled with my pens for a quick and simple page :) 

 
 
 I also like to hand write my journaling as its quick and I can get it down before I forget. It's also then personal to me the creator of the layout.
 

Why do I create what I do?
simply to record and create memories for my family to look back on one day. remembering all the good fun times we've had together.
 I'm a creative person and have to let it out one ways or another. My husband often jokes our home is like a gobstopper from the layers of paint applied over the months/years. so he's secretly pleased I found scrapbooking in 2005 :)




How does your creating process work?
I  start with a photo/s I like to scrap multiple photo's as I take lots :) I  scrap by colour and have my stash stored this way to make it easier. If I'm having a non thinking day I like to use a sketch to inspire me. I don't always stick to the sketch as I like to change things and mix it up a bit. Almost feel like I'm breaking the rules which pleases me lots :)

Like I mentioned before I attend a monthly crop, where I meet up with my girls and catch up. There is also a beautiful kit that I always enjoy doing. This often gives me ideas and learn technique not used before. I can't just follow the kit I have to change something " such a rebel" :)


"Home"
I loved this kit. I was unable to attend crop but still got the kit to do at home :)
I decided to turn the background paper over and used pen for the circle instead of string.
 

 
I also made a different style of flowers from punched circles and added the heart embellishment from a left over circle and strips of paper.
I punched and layered my velum to give it a bit of dimension under the photo.
Very similar to the original but with a little difference xx

 
This was the May kit and I absolutely loved it. The only change I made was the orientation of my photo. very lucky to have such great designers and fab inspiration at papermaze.

 
  you can check out their blog scrap paper scissors for more inspiration.



Next week it's the turn of  Angel and  Jane Click on the names to visit their blogs... and pop back on Monday 16th June.

Angel is one of my life long friends. She hasn't been posting lately on her blog and agreed to take part in the blog hop to get back into it. However she has faced problems :( and had to create a whole new blog!!!! ( keep looking back as will be updated with all her fab projects soon)  She is a very talented lady she mainly hand paints/pyrography and personalises wooden pieces. Angel is a very caring family orientate person and this shows in her beautiful work.

Here's an example of her amazing work when her blogs fully up and running :)






Jane is an amazing artist who used to be my Art teacher at high school :) she now lives in Florida.
she carves these amazing eggs, draws and makes jewellery that she sells in her Etsy shop jdhandmadedesigns


Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to pop back next week to see what Angel and Jane have to share



Thanks for stopping by to look
Sadie x

5 comments:

  1. Morning Sadie.

    Awww great layouts again, and you know i have always loved your books, memories everywhere. :)
    Its lovely to see you back blogging again, thankyou for the push to getting mine back up and running too.
    Hopefully get some followers so i can take part.
    Thankyou for the write was lovely, means alot xx
    Lots love hun. xxxxx
    Angel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Sadie . Your layouts are always so pretty and obviously mean so much. Its lovely to read these posts to see how everyone's creating process works, and how they all love scrapbooking!
    Thanks for agreeing to take part and top marks to you for getting your blog on track! See you soon
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layouts and that mini book is gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful work.. so pleased you joined in with Karens blog hop too. I can't wait to see your tagged friends blogs too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying following the links as they spread out :) That book is looking lovely and makes me want to make a mini- it's been too long and it's def. one of my favourite things to do. If only the kids, not older, weren't so camera shy....oh well...

    :)

    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete