Friday 15 March 2013

Easy gift Ideas

I had a few occasions coming up all at once so decided to make a few cute gift sets.
I managed to make all 3 in a day.
 
The first was "Nan" for my Nan's Birthday.
 I don't know about you but my Nan is always difficult to buy for especially with her birthday being so close to mothers day.
 
 
I started by printing the word Nan, reversed in word onto the back of a piece of white card stock. (make sure the word will fit into a 6x4" box)
I can provide step by step instructions if needed.
I cut out the letters with a craft knife.
TIP- if you cut onto glass you get a neater finish (I use an old chopping board).
 

 
 
I backed the word with floral paper and taped into place on the back.
To finish I punched out 3 small flowers, inked them and finished with a button and bling lol
hence Buttons Blooms and Bling............. xx
The embellishments are stuck directly onto the out side of the glass frame with glue dots,
So the word lies flat in the frame.
 
I decorated a small candle with paper scraps to match.
 
 
Using the same technique I made this sweet little "BABY" gift for my daughters teacher who's expecting a little girl very soon xx
 

I also decorated a matching candle with scraps.
 
TIP-You will notice from this photo that I haven't cut out the letters completely.
the middle of the B and the loop have tabs to stop them falling out. Before cutting out the letters mark with a ruler on the reverse of the word where the tabs need to go.

 
And finally "FRIEND" for my other daughters friends Birthday.
 

I made a layered paper flower finished with a button and string
and fixed to the frame using hot glue.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by
Sadie x

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love the frame for your Nan. Your cutting skills are awesome!


    Barbara

    ReplyDelete