Tuesday 31 January 2012

vintage pink roses new to old

I made this Valentines canvas to order for a work colleague.......
I really loved making this.
 I adore the papers " Uncommon range from Authentique" so perfect for Valentines.


I started by playing with the photos, cropping, rotating,changing them to B&W and
highlighting the flowers pink.


Original photo


Finished photo


 I painted the canvas chocolate brown.Cut and tore the roses paper to size.
Positioned the photos and using a craft knife cut out the roses to slip the photos underneath.

TIP- I use an old glass table mat to cut on. This give a sharper finish to the cut edge.

I used a Heidi swapp edge distresser to rough the photo edges
 and inked the photos and the rose paper with Tim Holtz Tattered rose and Tea dye.
Next I matted the large photo onto pink card stock and tore the edges also inking.

I glued the photos into place.
TIP- Use wet glue so the photos can be slid into position under the paper.

I punched out a paper frill and butterfly and inked, glued into position and added pearls & bling.
I finished off by making a simple paper bow from the 2nd side of the rose paper.


Thanks for looking, comments welcome

Sadie x

No comments:

Post a Comment